One of the most difficult decorating choices a homeowner has to make concerns selecting colors for interior rooms. Forever, neutral colors were the standard, however times have changed and many popular bathroom paint colors have emerged.
When thinking about changing the look of your bathroom, there is no need to go to the extreme of remodeling and replacing big ticket items such as cabinets and appliances. Often a change in paint colors, a change in the colors of your bathroom decor, or adding some accent colors to your existing decor will go a long way.
I don’t know about you, but my biggest challenge is to imagine colors in my bathroom. Visual images are extremely helpful in getting an idea what a specific color, color scheme and hue looks like.
Tip: When shopping for items to redecorate, paint or remodel, keep a collage of color samples, which you can find at the painting section of any home improvement store, handy as a reference guide to pick the right color, shade and hue.
Ease your color picking anxiety with this thought. You can always change the colors on your walls, you can always spray paint over decor you don’t like, so get bold and look at some popular bathroom paint colors to add character and style.
Colors stimulate the brain. Fengshui and Chinese Teachings incorporate color into everyday life. Colors invoke certain emotions. How we feel about colors is not universal. While there are general characteristics associated with colors, you may have a different reaction to a specific color. To understand how color could impact you let's take a quick look at the Psychology of Colors via colorpsychology.org
- Associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.
- Enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure.
- It attracts attention more than any other color, at times signifying danger.
- Combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow.
- Associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics.
- Represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success,
encouragement, and stimulation.
- Associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.
- Produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity, and generates muscle energy.
- Bright, pure yellow is an attention getter, which is the reason taxicabs are painted this color.
- When overused, yellow may have a disturbing effect.
- It is known that babies cry more in yellow rooms.
- Yellow indicates honor and loyalty. Later the meaning of yell ow was connected with cowardice.
- Color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility.
- Strong emotional correspondence with safety.
- Dark green is also commonly associated with money.
- Has great healing power.
- Green suggests stability and endurance.
- Color of the sea. It is often associated with depth and stability.
- Symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
- Considered beneficial to the mind and body.
- Slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect.
- Strongly associated with tranquility and calmness.
- Used to symbolize piety and sincerity.
- Is one of trust, responsibility, honesty and loyalty.
- Blue is reliable and responsible.
- exhibits an inner security and confidence.
- take control and do the right thing in difficult times..
- seeks peace and tranquility above everything else, promoting both physical and mental relaxation.
- reduces stress, creating a sense of calmness, relaxation and order.
- Combines the stability of blue and the energy of red.
- Associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition.
- Conveys wealth and extravagance.
- Associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.
- Associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity.
- Considered to be the color of perfection.
- Signifies safety, purity, and cleanliness.
- Usually has a positive connotation.
- Can represent a successful beginning.
- Depicts faith and purity.
- Associated with power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery.
- A mysterious color associated with fear and the unknown (black holes).
- Usually has a negative connotation (blacklist, black humor, ‘black death’).
- Denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color.
- The symbol of grief.
Don't get stuck too much on the details, the most important color decision will be the one that makes you feel good. Look at each of the above examples and at first glance notice how the colors make you feel. Don't spend too much time or think. Just feel the colors. This is your first and best hint what colors make you feel good. The best bathroom colors for your home are the ones that make you feel good when you walk in.